Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Where is the meeting point with our translator/guide?
- At the airport hall (bus/train station).
How do I recognize the person from NPDF?
- He or she will have the poster of NPDF in his/her hand.
How do we get from airport (or other arrival place) to the hotel?
- Our bus with our guide will take you there (individually coming people will get the address of the hotel and must get alone – one of our guides will wait for individually coming people at the reception of the hotel).
- We will pick up all coming participants at the airport/train station only if we know the DATE and TIME of arrival (and number of the flight) - we will try to pick up even the individually coming people if we can join them to another coming groups.
- Individually coming people should arrange their transport themselves, but of course we will help them to arrange a taxi or a car if we are informed about exact time of arrival).
Who will give me the key and explain me where should I go, what should I do?
- Our guide that will wait at the hotel will explain everything and give you the key and all the materials reguarding the NPDF 2019.
Is it possible to have an early check in (or later check out when leaving)?
- Yes, it is possible – we always try to accommodate all people as soon as possible (before 14:00) but cannot promise it for 100%.
- To be sure to have accommodation as soon as you arrive – it is possible to order it for a small fee in the hotel (the same is possible for later check out).
What about departure?
- We will also arrange a departure for all leaving groups by bus if we know their departure date and time in advance.
Is it necessary for each person to fill up the registration form in the hotel?
- No, if you provide us all information about all coming people (name, date of birth, n. of passport).
Is it possible to store small valuables somewhere?
- Yes, please at the reception desk.
Who is responsible for damages and other things might happen in the hotel?
- The leader of the group is responsible for all the members of his/her group.
- The leader will provide number of his/her credit card upon arrival.
- We suggest to the leader to collect a small amount from each member of the group (approx. 10 euro) in a case something happens.
Is it possible to have rooms very close to each other?
- If you have only double rooms, it is highly probable that you will have all the rooms very close.
- In a case of triple rooms (which are only two on each floor) it is very difficult.
- Usually the members of one group are on the same floor, in a case of bigger groups on 2 or 3 floors (as adjacent as possible).
When do I meet other people from the festival?
- All leaders will meet on 7/7 in the evening (at 8:30 pm) with the director of NPDF Mr. David Pospisil and with his assistant Mrs. Jana Zarybnicka.
- All participants will stay in the same hotel, so they will meet every day.
- On 7/7 all participants have rehearsals in the theater and can watch rehearsals of other groups.
- On 7/8 all participants will meet in the theater for the first inaugural evening.
- On 7/9 and 7/10 always a half of participants have their performances in the theater and the second half has a free day and they will meet in the evening on the boat (cruise on the Vltava river with dinner).
- On 7/11 all participants will meet in the theater – gala evening + awarding of prizes + dinner, disco, entertainment.
- All participants will also meet in the mornings during workshops.
Do we have some free time?
- Yes – each group has one day free (no workshops, no performances) - it is on 7/9 or 7/10.
- NPDF provides you a bus and an interpreter (participants choose the places of interest and pay the entrance fee to the chosen place – castle, chateau, swimming pool, the ZOO, art gallery, museum, monument…).
- If someone stays longer or arrives earlier it is also possible to arrange a trip (according to the choice, the price will be set).
Can we arrive earlier or stay additional days?
- Yes, it is possible.
- We can provide you accommodation in the same hotel (90 euro/night/person with HB).
- In the case of one day more on 7/12 2019 with a planned guided tour of the historical building of the National Theatre of Prague is the price 100 euro.
- Should you request asistance of your/a festival guide for extra day(s), the fee is 60 euro/day.
If we want a single room, it is possible?
- Yes, it is.
- There is an extra fee for each night 50 euro.
Can we order also lunch or special food?
- Yes, you can.
- The price of lunch in the same hotel is approx. 8-12 euro/person/day.
- It is possible to order lunch also in other places in the center of Prague (on request).
- In the hotel they provide special food for vegetarians and in a case of special diet/health problems (must be sent to direction of NPDF before 4/30 2019).
- In a case of special food (e.g. from religious reasons – Kosher, Halali, etc., we will provide you an address of special restaurants they are able to help you and the price will be arranged according to it).
What kind of trip do you offer?
- It can be a trip approx. 50km far away from Prague (if it is further destination we will charge an extra fee for it).
- It can also be anything in Prague (according to your choice and according to suggestions we can give you).
- We offer more places and we ask everybody to choose at least 2 possible places in order to could send a full bus there.
- The trip will be eventuated if a sufficient number of participants selects it.
- Usual trips:
Do I need some pocket money?
- Yes – for drinks, for lunches, for entering places of your interest, for shopping.
- Other things are provided by NPDF.
Where to change money?
- Change your money only in banks and official change offices ( e.g. Kaprova street – a very good change office).
If I am lost somewhere?
- Each participant will get a label, which will allow him to enter all NPDF places (workshops, theater, restaurants) and on which you will have all emergency numbers and also contacts of our NPDF staff.
What about smoking, eating and drinking?
- Do not drink and eat on the stage, near the stage or in the auditorium!
- No smoking in any theatrical or workshop spaces!
Other things I should know
- No videotaping and no flash photo during performances!
- It is strictly forbidden to speak with the Jury for everybody in any moment!!!
What is the hotel address?
On 7/7 it is the only rehearsal we have?
- It is a rehearsal for all dance pieces (for all 3 evenings) the group will perform (max. 30 min).
- Sometimes an extra time (5-10min) could be given to a group if the direction of NPDF finds it necessary or in a case of unexpected situation.
How many times do we perform?
- Each group performs in total 3 evenings - on 7/8 and 7/11 all groups and on 7/9 or 7/10 half of participants each day, while the the second half has a day off.
How many minutes does each group have each evening and how many pieces can perform?
- Each group can have how many choreographies wants but the maximum time cannot be longer than:
- on 7/8 - 10 minutes
- on 7/9 and 7/10 - 15 minutes
- on 7/11 – only one choreography of max. 7 minutes (the last day the Jury doesn't judge anymore).
- For solo performances the above maximum durations are 5 minutes for 7/8 to 7/10 and 3 minutes for the last night.
- The organizer can eventually decide the length of particular choreographies or number of choreographies during one evening according to the total number of competing companies.
What about music?
- For each dance piece the music should be recorded properly in a good quality - with group name, piece names, track numbers and duration - you will give the CD/MD/iPod with music to the music manager or your guide (iPod etc. will be returned, of course).
- The sound thechnicians in the theater prefer having music for each dance piece on it's own CD-Audio disc containing single track, with group name and choreography name written on the disc.
- Alternatively, if you have all the tracs on single disc, it is essential to pair track numbers with choreography names.
- CD format must be Audio CD (CD-DA). The drive can NOT read data disc containing mp3 files.
- You don't need to send us the music in advance.
- We suggest to have more copies of the music in a case something happens and the CD doesn't work or you lose it.
What else does the jury need?
- Names of all dances, their length and names of choreographer(s).
- Possibly name of the choreography and names of dancers who perform in the particular choreography.
What it is necessary to provide for workshop?
- All dancers should give us: name, age and division and level for the workshops (if we don't have it, you will be placed where there is still place).
- Each participant can choose max. 3 kinds of workshop.
- There are 3 levels of workshop: beginners, advanced and open.
- All dancers should be in good health condition and when attending the workshop and the contest, they must give us following statement: "We acknowledge that none of the participants suffers from any psychical or physical disease, but is healthy!"
What to take with me and what to leave in the hotel?
- We cannot be held responsible in case of any damage or lost things, if they will not be locked in the dress rooms or watched by an authorized person at all places.
- Bring only the necessary things with you. You can leave your passport or ID in the hotel (carry only a copy with you). Bring your health insurance card with you to the theater and workshops.
- On 7/7 you don't need to bring any costumes to the theater for the rehearsal if you don't want to.
- Bring a comfortable exercise dress for the workshop!
Where the performances will be held?
- For NPDF 2019 we have again ensured a very popular venue - the New Stage of the National Theater of Prague.
- Here you can read something about this place: http://www.narodni-divadlo.cz/en/new-stage/history
- The punctuality is highly recommended and also we ask all the groups to support their friends and other competitors on the stage (clapping, etc.).
- Do not disturb the dancing groups or groups preparing behind the stage and in the corridors!
Should other visitors pay to enter the theater?
- All paying participants have free entrance to all dancing evenings.
- If other visitors come, a special price only for tickets can be arranged (25 euro/ an adult person/evening).
Is it possible to pay only few days (or some of the services)?
- Yes, it is – to have accommodation with HB, free entrance to the theater, transport, interpreter etc. the price would be 115 euro/night.
- We might not be able to provide extra services for extra fee if not arranged before 4/30 2019!
- It is possible to have the whole package from 7/6 to 7/12 for 654 euro or to pay each day extra for 115 euro/night or to have only entrance tickets to the theater for 25 euro/an adult person.
Some discounts/who has to pay and how much?
- Discounts are possible for:
- Leaders of the group (if the group consists at least from 8 people and a leader) – then the leader has 50% discount = 327 euro.
- If the group consists at least of 20 people and a leader, we charge nothing for the leader.
- If there are some children under 6 years (not participating, only as accompanying people) also some discounts are possible – according decision of the director of NPDF.
- Doesn't matter if the participant is dancer or non dancer – for each coming person the price is the same = 654 euro.
- Dogs in the hotel are possible – extra fee according to decision of the management of the hotel.
How much is the extra ...?
- Special entrance to the theater for families of participants: 25 euro/adult(16+), 10 euro/child
- Workshop lesson (60 minutes): 40 euro
- Boat cruise with dinner: 40 euro
- Whole Day off (bus trip + boat cruise with dinner): 70 euro
- Gala dinner: 40 euro
- Single room instead of double: 50 euro/person/night
- Additional day in hotel (with HB): 90 euro/person/night
- Lunch: 8-12 euro
- Dinner: 12 euro
- Renting of a studio: 50 euro/hour
- On 7/12 2019 a planned guided tour of the historical building of the National Theatre of Prague: 100 euro
What documents we need to enter the CR?
- A valid passport or ID card or a collective passport.
- In a case of visa - NPDF cannot provide you any stamps or special certificates of the foreign police, just the official invitation letter of the NPDF if needed.
How far everything is and what it is allowed and what not?
- Hotel Ibis is approx. 15min of walk from both the theater and workshop halls (so no special transport will be used when going to workshop halls and theater from hotel).
- In both workshop halls and theater it is NOT ALLOWED TO videotape and take pictures with flash! The teachers don't want it and during performances it disturbs the performing groups.
- If you want to videotape or take pictures with flash you can do it during rehearsals only.
- You will have a possibility to buy a set of your choreographies, the best dances etc. made by a professional, that's also why it could disturb the professional cameraman to do it properly!
- In theater eating and drinking in auditorium is also NOT ALLOWED!
How many categories do you have?
Where can we see more about NPDF (pictures, references, history etc.)?
If I still haven't registered – how can I do it and till when?
- You can register online on our NPDF web page: http://www.praguedancefestival.cz/lang/en/regform.php
- The registration is possible untill 4/30 2019 (as long as there's some capacity available – last few years we had to refuse several groups.)
- The payment should also be delivered before 4/30 as well as all the requested documents.
- Storno fee is: 0% before 4/30, then 50% until 5/31, then 85% until 6/15, 100% after that.
How to pay?
- Money for the whole group should be sent as a single payment to the following account:
Za Hanspaulkou 856/5
160 00 Praha 6
Na Porici 23
IBAN : CZ02 0300 0000 0005 7908 6463
SWIFT: CEKO CZ PP